Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 8. What's that thing about 'paved with good intentions'?

It's Day 8 and nearly 2 pm and I have only been able to pen 691 words. You know what they say about good intentions.
I have good excuses, though. In my last post, I told you that my website, www.barbaraphinney.com was undergoing some changes. Well, I needed to write down the list of those changes. I did it this morning, complete with links. 
But my husband needed to fix the broken shower...by first checking on line. Then by asking me to help. We'd run into a snag which took away an hour of my writing time. My good intentions were fading fast.
I am now realizing that my goal of completing NaNoWriMo by the 13th may not come to fruition. It was a lofty goal, writing over 5,000 words each day this coming week. 
But wasn't this part of the promise to blog each day about my experience? To show you the way life deals with writers? And how we adapt?
And does it really matter that I finish 16 days early?
Isn't it really more important to write what you can, when you can?
By picking away this afternoon, I have tripped over the 25,000 word mark. I am halfway there!

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...