Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Capes and Fog of many different varieties

Well, it's been a while, but I have a great excuse! I've been busy getting another book up and out there, and also participating in another wonderful anthology and even crossing over to the African continent!
But more on that part later.
Right now, I want to tell you about Cape of Secrets. It's my newest book. Well, actually, it's Georgina Lee's newest book, and what a minx she is! She's really called on her inner vixen with this one. While Barbara Phinney is the more demure, sensible writer, Georgina Lee is sensual, funny, gutsy and yes, sometimes a little bad.
And so is Cape of Secrets.

Now, you can check it out here  in Amazon.com
Cape of Secrets
and here in Canada: (It is, after all, set in Canada)
Cape of Secrets
or here, for you Nook fans:
Cape of Secrets
and Barnes and Noble fans, hang in there, it's on its way. But it is at Smashwords,
Cape of Secrets

But if you really like bargains, it's part of a new anthology called Romance Super Bundle II Second Chances for only 99 cents! This is a set of 11 great authors doing what great authors do best. Write Great Stories!
You see, it's all about second chances. We don't always get them, but when we realize we have them, we know we must act. And in Cape of Secrets, taking that second chance could cost a few people their lives!


or at Barnes and Noble:

So what does Cape of Secrets have to do with the African Continent? Plenty. Take a look at Cape of Secrets' cover. That's the actual place on which my book is based. It's on the Bay of Fundy, on Canada's east cost. It was a lovely day when I took the picture. But a world away, at the bottom of Africa, there is another cape. This one is a city. Cape Town, and its infamous Table Mountain. Though it has days like I saw with my cover, there are days it's shrouded in fog so thick you could walk off the edge an never know it.
Like the day we visited it. I said to my daughter, who traveled with me, "We could be standing on the edge of the Bay of Fundy, and never know it."

Yes, believe it or not, this is on the way up to Table Mountain. Do you see the cables?


Anyone up for a little hike? What's over the edge, I wonder?


Fog is the same the world over. Mysterious, soupy, chilling, so moist you can taste it on your tongue, and perfect fodder for a wild writer like Georgina Lee. Cape of Secrets has plenty of fog in it too, and yes, you could walk off the edge and never know it there, too.

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...