Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Day One of NaNoWRiMo

I got up at 7:15, started to write at 7:45. An hour into it and I have only 700 words. (It took a few too minutes to find the right manuscript template.)
And I am stopping too many times to check stupid stuff like Twitter and Facebook and how many followers Jian Gohmeshi, or however you spell his name, has lost in the last few hours. I really need to get moving. It's like exercising, those first few minutes of warm up are killers.

Off to get coffee.

By the time my stomach said it was breakfast, I had written 1350 words.
Now, don't worry, I won't be giving this much minutia everyday, but I will give you a peek into the life of a writer getting her first draft down.

So, it's now 12:30 and I have hit my stride. I know where the next scene is going and am starting to get a feel for the characters. I am not the kind of writer who knows her characters before she writes about them. Just a general feel, but as I write, their personalities begin to blossom. My neighbour dropped by to borrow something after breakfast. She's dressed and has been to the market, while I am shuffling around in a housecoat.

I need to get out of my pajamas for more than one reason. I have a meeting at 2 p.m.. I may not get back to this manuscript later today, so I am recording my new word count. 3099.

1 comment:

Linda Hall said...

Yay Barbara! Good for you! Writing 2 or 3000 words per day and then blogging too? That's great.

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...