Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Friday, December 20, 2019

Switching Gears to Gold Cream and Big Bang Theory







Note: I may earn a small commission on these items. 
I usually natter on about books or even weirder stuff like my life.
I'm switching gears. Well, sort of.
As I have now passed that invisible barrier where I get a discount on most things (yeah, okay, I'm sixty, all right?) I look at my face a whole lot more critically. So I have decided to double down on my daily regime of what my hubby calls 'Lotions and Potions' 
Enter Las Vegas. No, I didn't win anything, I was on holiday recently and got to sample Hermetise Yubari King wrinkle eraser.
 Yubari King Gold Wrinkle Eraser
Okay, yeah, I was practically ambushed, but I had seen this stuff advertised and figured I would try it out. 
Now, to be honest, it does work, but their sales pitch is a bit misleading. That first treatment isn't 3% of the effect. If so, I would look like a toddler by now. It's not accumulative. I still bought it, after haggling the saleslady down quite a bit.
So why am I talking about it?
For starters, I didn't just have dark circles under my eyes, or 'smooch lines' around my mouth (and I don't even smoke!) but I also have some slightly larger pores on my nose. And I was pleasantly surprised that Hermetise Yubari King wrinkle eraser actually worked on them. My pores shrank considerably. 
And like most of you, I have this one deep wrinkle between my eyebrows, but I have spent a lot of time pressing those brows together and giving people the 'are you nuts?' look. I guess I'm paying for it now. So, why not try this stuff on it? The trouble was, I used it only in that area and a few minutes later, I found that I had this one area nice and wrinkle-free. But I forgot I have a forehead that inconsiderately stretched across the top of my face. 
So, yeah, it does work.
Now, here is the thing. As I was surfing around the net to see what it said, I came across the ingredients list. Of course, I can't find that site anymore, but there were a few things that stood out to me. Yes, there is gold in it, but I won't get rich off of the amount. But there is also witch hazel. Yeah, witch hazel. Like this stuff here.

 
Witch Hazel


In case you don't know, witch hazel is a natural toner. It tightens the skin. And it doesn't cost very much.
So, while I am still using this gold-infused yubari stuff by Hermetise once a week, as instructed, I am using just plain old witch hazel twice a day.
And guess what?
My pores are smaller, my jowls smaller, but those dark circles haven't left completely. 
I desperately needed a good night's sleep.
Enter a sleep study. The whole reason for one is best put off for another blog, but I am trying out a CPAP machine, using stuff like this
Universal Headgear Full Mask Replace Part CPAP Ventilator Headband (Without Mask) (Blue)
Luke, I am your father.

And when I look at myself first thing in the morning and ignore the straplines, I no longer see what I have faced for quite a while. Dark circles. 
Hmm. But then again, in the words of the great Raj Koothrappali "Tyra Banks says the most important item in your makeup bag is a good night's sleep."
That's what I needed. My takeaway from all of this is the cream works. But it should only be part of your regime. Good inexpensive toner and a good night's sleep are way more important. 
So, consider these:

Yubari King (expensive, but it works)

witch hazel toner (cheap but essential)

and a good night's sleep. There is no link. Or else I would have bought the company.

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...