Disclosure:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission on qualifying purchases within this blog.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I see the finish line!

Our last day of quarantine looms ahead. In some way, it's been like a vacation. Or a stay-cation, and there is a part of me that didn't want it to end. I wonder how our outgoing friends are doing, and whether they snuck out early. Probably.
We biked up a lonely country road this morning, battling the ever-present wind on our way home. We counted beer and soda cans along the route. One must have a challenge, you know.  

We also made up a grocery list. Remember when I told you we could live until last summer on our pantry items? Yes, it's true, but after a while, one gets a craving for something uncooked. I thought we had no fresh veggies in the house, only to discover hubby has finely shredded the last of the cabbage and been sneaking it into everything from frittatas to soup. Sneaky.

This morning, after our western sandwich with cabbage for brekkie, we reorganized our grocery list into two categories. One for the things I will get, and the other for hubs. He wants to get all the sale items. It's a thing he does to make him feel better. I get to pick up the Poise liners. Apparently, hubs didn't want to do that. 
 
We played our daily game of crib. Hubby decided to concede to the greater player, but I reminded him that he didn't give me the game, I took it, fair and square. Yes, I won. Gracefully.

Tomorrow is our first day of freedom and it will be my last blog entry in this series. I thought I could pull off a funny post each day, but while I haven't had any difficulty, it hasn't always been funny. I've had to cancel my trip to visit my kids, commiserated with others who had wonderful plans, prayed for those whose health is not good, all these things, and more. I've napped while 'reading' my Bible, and I exercised to dance videos. I still want to finish the proposal for my novel, a painting I need to do, and some weaving that I started. 

But as I watch the world go into lockdown, I wonder if I will get it all done.

No comments:

It's like Jello

Again, it's been ages since I wrote a blog, and I am sure my followers have forgotten all about me.  But when life takes you on a trip, ...